Note: These questions are just a general guide. Do as much research as possible. That way, you'll have a better idea of how to steer the discussion.
1) What's the first thing you remember ever wanting to do with your life?
2) Did you gravitate to any specific teachers or classes in school? What about any other people in your community?
3) What kinds of jobs did you have in your late teens? Did any of them help you figure out what you might like to do in the future?
4) Did you think it was important to go to university or college? If so, why? If not, why not?
5) Looking back, do you think you were guided by an identifiable purpose or interest?
6) Can you briefly describe the chronological development of your life and career during your late teens and twenties?
7) How did your dreams and aspirations change during this period?
8) What kinds of obstacles did you encounter on the way? How did you deal with them and what did you learn from these encounters?
9) Did you ever lose hope that you would get where you needed to be?
10) Did your definition of "success" change during this period?
11) What lessons did you learn during this period that helped you in the remainder of your life?